I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and trained child and family psychotherapist with over 10 years of experience in the mental health field. I specialize in Maternal Mental Health, Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders and Child counseling. I really enjoy working with parents and couples whom are either working toward becoming parents or adjusting to being parents. I have had the privilege of working with children and families for the past 10 years in several capacities as a Child Welfare Worker and a Psychotherapist. I’ve worked with many different populations including foster care, adoption, non-profits agencies and military families.
My own experiences struggling with infertility has created my passion of wanting to work with women and couples who are having difficulty with building their own families and those who are expecting. I have a deep and personal understanding of the emotions and challenges associated with infertility and non-traditional family building. I know that struggling with these issues can be an isolating experience and it is important to me that those who need support, have someone to walk along this journey with them. I have dedicated part of my practice and my work to provide a safe place for women and couples to come and work through the emotional challenges around infertility, miscarriages, couples that are expecting and adjusting to parenthood. My passion is also working with young children around challenges associated with transitions, change and social-emotional development. Growing-up in foster care and experiencing multiple foster homes, I understand the dynamics and challenges of change and transitions. I love working with children and supporting them through life transitions.
My therapeutic approach to treatment focuses on collaborative, strength based, and relational techniques. I provide therapeutic services and interventions based on your individual needs and family dynamics. I use a variety of integrative therapy approaches comprised of the following: person centered, mindfulness, solution focused, attachment theory, strength based theory, and cognitive behavioral theory. For children, my therapeutic approach is focused around social and emotional development through the use of play therapy and talk therapy.
- MSW from California State University East Bay
- BA in Communication from San Diego State University
- Board Certified Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Washington
- Board Certified Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of California
Professional Certifications and Trainings (Complete list of trainings provided per request)
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- Certified FirstPlay® Kinesthetic Story Telling Therapist
- Certified Triple-P Clinician (Positive Parenting Program)
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate by PSI/2020 Mom
- APT Approved Trainings
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training (CBT)
- Zero to Three Trainings
- Ages and Stages Training
- Clinical Member of the National Association for Play Therapy
- Clinical Member of the Association for Play Therapy, Washington Chapter
- Clinical Member of Postpartum Support International
You have already taken the first step toward your own healing. If you would like for me to support you or your child through this journey, contact me to schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation