“Play is the child’s language and the toys are their words” – Garry Landreth
Play Therapy is the most natural form of communication for a child and can be used in children’s therapy as a primary intervention to support children with expressing emotions and thoughts. Children tend express their emotions, anxieties and fears through play. Research supports the effectiveness of play therapy as a therapeutic approach and has been shown to be successful in supporting children with mental health disorders and/or with children struggling with life challenges. Play Therapy allows children to create meaning of their world, learn to solve their own problems and express their feeling and emotions in healthy ways. As your child’s therapist, Play Therapy will assist me in gaining insight about your child’s world and how to best support him/her through this therapeutic process.
Child Counseling Ages 3-8
- Play Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Sand Tray
- Family/Sibling Therapy
- Promote better Social Skills
- Behavior Intervention Plans
How Play Therapy Can Support Your Child
- Reduce Symptoms of Anxiety, Fears & Depression
- Supports with Regulating & Expressing Emotions
- Increases Self-Esteem
- Decrease Undesired Behaviors
- Builds Resiliency & Confidence
- Promotes Creative Thinking
How do I know If My Child Needs Play Therapy?
- Your child has had a life-changing event (death, divorce, parental separation, foster care, adoption, change in school, deployed parent, recent change in school, frequent moves, traumatic event, etc)
- Are you concerned that your multiracial child may be struggling with establishing a strong sense of self identity?
- Your child has had a sudden change in behavior that worries you
- Your child isolates themselves from peers
- Your child struggles with managing anger and frustrations
- You feel that your child would benefit from learning better coping skills
- If you sense that something is “wrong” with your child
- Has a mental health disorder (separation anxiety, depression, ADHD, etc)
If you answered yes to any of the statements above, Contact me to schedule a complimentary 15-minute consultation.